Ten things to know about the 2021 Natick Town election:
1) Mar. 30, 2021: Natick will hold its 2021 annual Town election
2) Tue., Jan 12, 2021, by 5pm: Last day to return nomination papers for town-wide office. A minimum of 25 signatures is needed. Nomination papers for Town wide offices and Town Meeting are now available in the Town Clerk’s Office. The Town Clerk’s office is open by appointment only. Call (508) 647-6430 x4 to arrange an appointment to pick up nomination papers.
3) Natick will be electing the following Town wide officers:
- One member to the Select Board for a 3-year term
- Two members to the School Committee for a 3-year terms
- One member to the Planning Board for a 5-year term
- One member to the Board of Assessors for a 3-year term
- One member to the Board of Health for a 3-year term
- One member to the Recreation and Parks Commission for a 3-year term
- One member to the Natick Housing Authority for a 5-year term
- One member to the Morse Institute Library Trustees for a 2-year term
- One Constable for a 1-year term
4) Natick’s Town Meeting consists of 180 members, with 18 representatives from each of Natick’s ten precincts.
5) The Town will be electing the following Town Meeting Members:
- Precinct 1: Vote for 11 members
- Precinct 2: Vote for 7 members
- Precinct 3: Vote for 6 members
- Precinct 4: Vote for 7 members
- Precinct 5: Vote for 6 members
- Precinct 6: Vote for 7 members
- Precinct 7: Vote for 6 members
- Precinct 8: Vote for 6 members
- Precinct 9: Vote for 9 members
- Precinct 10: Vote for 7 members
6) How to find out which precinct you’re in.
7) Tue., Feb. 2, 2021, 5pm. Last day for incumbent Town Meeting Members to give written notice to Town Clerk for re-election at the Annual Town Election
8) Tue., Feb. 9, 2021, 5pm: Last day to submit nomination papers for NEW Town Meeting Members. There must be a minimum of 10 signatures from voters in the candidate’s precinct.
9) Tue., Apr. 3, 2021: Town meeting begins. 7:30pm, at the Natick High School Auditorium.
10) More important dates can be found on the Natick Political Calendar.
Leave a Reply