Coffee with a Cop, coordinated with Sweetwaters Coffee & Tea in Natick Center, will take place from 2-6pm on June 7 on Natick Common.
Here’s your chance to ask members of the Natick Police Department all the burning questions you’ve wanted to in a casual setting. Maybe we’ll swing by and play good citizen, bad citizen:
- Good citizen: Coffee, tea, or neither?
- Bad citizen: Have you ever arrested another officer? If so, what was that like?
- Good citizen: What might you be doing for a job if you weren’t a cop?
- Bad citizen: Nearly every time I see a police officer doing a road detail they’re looking down at their phone. Not suggesting it’s not work related, but does the department have any protocols around cellphone use on the job so that people don’t get the wrong idea?
- Good citizen: What have you liked best about your job during the pandemic?
We’re also curious about whether NPD has plans to saddle up and add these Bola Wrap lassos to its arsenal?
One thing we’d love to see from NPD is a nicely packaged police log like the one Wellesley Police Department issues. NPD does publish its logs on social media, which is good, but the format is not reader friendly and we can’t imagine many people plow through them. On the other the hand, the Wellesley Police Logs we run on The Swellesley Report are always among our most-read items.
Ask about Advertising on Natick Report.