Natick Fall Annual Town Meeting kicks off Tuesday, Oct. 19 at 7:30pm with members who definitely won’t have 1 eye on the Red Sox playoff game that night mulling some portion of 39 warrant articles.
The online-only meeting (via Zoom and VVoter software) can be viewed live by the public via Natick Pegasus. Town Meeting members will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays until they get the job done. More details via the Natick Finance Committee.
As usual, the warrant features lots of obligatory budgeting and appropriation articles, plus proposed zoning and bylaw changes.
Among the newer material:
- Article 19: Creating and funding a chief diversity officer (or similar title) position.
- Article 22: South Natick Dam Mitigation Alternatives. A citizen petition “to fund an investigation into any feasible alternative mitigation solutions for the South Natick dam, beyond the two proposed (removal of trees on earthen dam, or breach of spillway).”
- Article 23: Revisiting the town’s options for the site of the former Eliot Elementary School.
- Article 25: Hire a consultant to come up with a fresh Golden Triangle plan.
- Article 36: “To hear a progress report from the Town Seal Review Committee, and to see what sum the Town will appropriate for design and associated services for a new Town Seal, or otherwise act thereon.”
Ask about Advertising on Natick Report.
Leave a Reply