In coping with the COVID-19 surge, Natick Public Schools is putting a handful of its winter sports on pause after consulting with local and state health officials.
Here’s the plan:
- Boys’ varsity Ice hockey: Paused 12/31, return on 1/10
JV boys’ ice hockey: Paused 1/6, return on 1/179th grade boys’ ice hockey: Paused 1/6, return on 1/17
- Wrestling (all levels including Middle School): Paused 1/4, return on 1/15
- Boys’ varsity basketball: Paused 1/4, return on 1/15
Natick High School and Middle School Athletics will be adopting the following protocols for all home games/contests until Tuesday Jan. 18.
- limiting spectators to 2 adult guests per player for both home/away teams
- visiting teams will be arriving dressed to play with no locker room availability
- live streaming games at as many levels as teams/Natick Pegasus can handle
Wellesley High’s recent temporary suspension of winter sports due to rising COVID-19 rates created a weird local media frenzy before the school system shortly thereafter announced a resumption of activities the next week.
- Family members only, seated in auditorium in family clusters with 6 feet of distancing between family groups
Ask about Advertising on Natick Report.