The 2022 annual Natick Town Election will be March 29, 2022.
Town wide office nomination papers
Nomination papers for Natick town wide offices must be returned no later than 5pm on Tuesday, January 11, 2022, with signatures from at least 25 registered voters. Papers must be returned to the Town Clerk’s office for certification.
Intent-to-run forms, incumbent Town Meeting members
All current Town Meeting members, unless they physically moved to a new home in a different precinct, will run as incumbents, regardless of whether their current address is in a different precinct. Incumbent Town Meeting Members must sign the intent-to-run form, which has been sent to them. If you did not receive one please call (508) 647-6432, or email email@example.com .
The last day to submit incumbent Town Meeting Member nomination papers is 5pm on Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
Nomination papers, new Town Meeting candidates
Nomination papers for new Town Meeting Member candidates will be available as soon as the State provides the data to assure that all precincts are captured correctly in the voter database, based on redistricting which occurred after the completion of the 2020 Federal Census.
Offices for the March 29, 2022 Town Election are:
- Two members to the Select Board for 3-year terms
- Three members to the School Committee for 3-year terms
- One member to the Planning Board for a 5-year term
- One Associate member of the Planning Board for a 2-year term
- One member to the Board of Assessors for a 3-year term
- One member to the Board of Health for a 3-year term
- Two members to the Recreation and Parks Commission for 3-year terms
- One member to the Natick Housing Authority for a 4-year term
- Six Constables for 3-year terms
- One Moderator for a 3-year term
- One Town Clerk for a 3-year term
- 180 Town Meeting Members—as a result of redistricting after the Federal Census (more information to come as it is available)
Register to vote
The last day to register to vote for the March 29 Annual Town Election is Wednesday, March 9, 2022. The Town Clerk’s office will be open until 8pm on that day.
Update on voting by mail
The Vote by Mail law, passed in 2020 as an emergency measure at the beginning of the pandemic, has expired and not been renewed at this time.
Absentee ballots continue to be available. To qualify for an absentee ballot, you must:
- Be away from Natick on Election Day; or
- Have a disability that keeps you from voting at your polling place; or
- Have a religious belief that prevents you from voting at your polling place on Election day; or
- Are taking precautions relating to COVID-19 considered to be a physical disability.
It’s time for pet owners to renew annual dog licenses.
You can register your dog by:
- Going on line at the following link: https://www.doglicenses.us/MA/Natick/
- Mailing in the application, current rabies information, payment and a self-addressed stamped envelope
- You may also drop off the application and current rabies information, payment and a self-addressed stamped envelope in the payment drop box to the right of the front door of Town Hall. The license will be processed and a 2022 dog tag will be mailed to you.
All dogs 6 months of age or older must be licensed with the Town Clerk’s Office. Licenses must be renewed annually by March 1, 2022. Failure to do so will result in a $50 late fee.