The town of Natick has issued a notice of pending appointments to the Finance Committee, which plays a huge role in reviewing Town Meeting articles, and also has the power to investigate town departments. The Committee consists of 15 town citizens, each of whom have 3-year terms.
The town moderator will appoint 5 members on or before June 30.
Prospective appointees shall file an application online (see Apply button) or submit a letter (emails accepted) of interest no later than June 17. You can email Moderator Frank Foss at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-655-4905 (evenings).
A successful candidate should demonstrate:
1) a general knowledge of all aspects of the Town of Natick operating and capital budgets, including the practices and processes to compile, review and approve such budgets,
2) an understanding of the Town zoning and zoning by-laws, with emphasis on the process and authority to approve such by-laws,
3) knowledge of the roles and duties related to the executive, legislative and administrative officials of the Town,
4) skills relating to auditing the business of the Town departments, particularly with respect to fiscal and programmatic matters,
5) the willingness and ability to attend multiple meetings and/or public hearings per week during the multi-week periods preceding the Spring Annual Town Meeting, Fall Annual Town Meeting, and or any special town meeting, and
6) the ability to occasionally participate in special committee assignments (e.g., committees of Town Meeting/Chair assignments.
See the FinCom in action via recordings on Natick Pegasus.