Dueling petitions have begun circulating regarding the proposed assisted living and memory care facility at the top of Pond Road on the Natick/Wellesley line (not to be confused with Pond Street that leads in and out of downtown Natick). Proponents of the 200 Pond Road project have taken to the front of grocery stores in Natick and Wellesley, as well as their project website, to secure signatures and addresses. Opponents have gone the Change.org online route to rally those who fear the scenic road will suffer from the project; they’re collecting names and email addresses, plus comments.
The results could give both sides a bit of ammunition as Wellesley’s Select Board gets ready to mull the matter. More on The Swellesley Report (See: “Petitions over Pond Road senior living proposal circulate ahead of Wellesley Select Board meeting”).
- 200 Pond Rd. senior living project plan gets a win in Wellesley
- Natick Board of Health gets 200 Pond Rd. senior living pitch
- 200 Pond Road senior living project team taking its case to Wellesley
- Natick Planning Board hears zoning change pitch by proponents of 200 Pond Road senior living plan
- Pond Road senior living project planners invite Natick & Wellesley neighbors to meeting
- ‘Back to the drawing board a little bit’ on Pond Road senior living pitch
- Natick citizen petition could pave way for senior living facility atop scenic Pond Road